If you love moist cakes that aren’t too dense, you’ll love this carrot cake. The carrots give it an excellent texture and as per this recipe, this cake is less sweet than you’d expect. For those of you who are tired of cakes loaded with sweetness and cream, you’ll love this recipe and would also try it with other flavors like dates!
When the sugar, cream, and moisture in this cake is rightly balanced, you will get just the right bounce and softness in your cake. Give this recipe a try, we hope you’ll like it.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup carrots (grated and drained)
- 3/4th cup light cream
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 2-3 drops of vanilla
- Handful of raisins, cashews, and walnuts (as per your choice)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease the mold in which you want to bake the cake. You can line the bottom with a parchment paper. It will make the cake easy to remove once cooked.
- Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl. Misk together flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder and salt until you get a uniform mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk together cream and sugar. This is an important step. Here the cream binds around sugar molecules and helps to give a good fluff to the cake.
- When the sugar and cream and mixed well, add in the two eggs and whisk them with the help of a whisker.
- Now add all the dry ingredients to this bowl with wet ingredients. Whisk this mixture until you get a smooth batter.
- Add the dry fruits and grated carrots to your batter and mix well. Empty this batter in the mold and get ready to bake!
- Don’t forget to drain the carrots after you grate them. Carrots have a lot of water which can make your cake lose its structure and make the cake gummy.
- Instead of carrots, you can also use pineapple. Again, it is important to drain it.
You may be interested in(ad)