Do you know that simply washing your face with a cleanser does not wash off all the impurities? There are certain dirt and chemicals that are not taken off by the cleanser and they remain stuck in your pores for days! This can lead to acne, breakouts, and blackheads. To avoid this, make sure you wash and clean your face correctly. The method below will remove all the impurities from your face –
- Wet your whole face with warm water. The warm water opens the pores and helps to clean in greater depth, so whenever possible, avoid using cold water. You can even let the steam from the bathing act on your face for a few minutes. Do not dry your face yet!
- Apply a cleansing lotion or soap with gentle, circular movements. Spread the product gently all over your face, especially if you have acne; Rubbing with force will only make the pimples worse, causing irritation and even scarring. Remember that to wash thoroughly you do not have to use a large amount of product.
- Facial scrubs contain tiny granules or particles that help eliminate dead cells. Exfoliating the face will get a softer and fresher complexion, in addition to decongesting the pores.
- To exfoliate your face with a regular soap, use an exfoliating sponge or a face towel. Gently rub the exfoliating material on the skin of the face, with circular movements as you should do to apply soap. Do not rub hard if you do not want to irritate your skin or favor the appearance of wrinkles.
- Rinse with plenty of water to remove the soap. Wet your face by splashing it repeatedly with water, rubbing gently with your hands. If you can not remove the soap completely, moisten a towel and gently rub your face to remove any remaining product; then, rinse again.
- Put more insistence on rinsing than you think is necessary. Soap residue can clog the pores, dry out the skin and even affect the natural pH of the skin. A layer of soap on the face, however fine it may be, will leave the skin dirtier than before beginning the washing process.
- Pay special attention to the hairline, the contour of the jaw, and any area below the neck where soap residue may remain. It is easy to forget these areas when rinsing the face.
- With a soft and clean towel, dry your face with gentle touches. Avoid rubbing or pressing hard on the skin, as these actions favor the appearance of wrinkles.
- Apply a tonic without alcohol with the help of a disc or a cotton ball.
- Apply moisturizing lotion. Applying yourself moisturizing will not get a cleaner skin, but you will complete the routine of face care and your complexion will acquire a healthy and shiny appearance.
- If you have acne, choose a moisturizing lotion without oils. If you go outdoors, use a moisturizing lotion with sun protection, preferably with a factor between SPF 15 and 30.