The Paleolithic Diet (PD) is a style of eating that is based on the feeding of man from 15 to 10 thousand years ago (pre-agriculture period).
That is, the human body is very well adapted to the Paleolithic diet, but it has not yet had time to adapt to the revolution of agriculture, which is very recent still in evolutionary terms.
Agriculture may have changed our diet and lifestyle, but it has not yet changed our genetics.
So, instead of eating meat, fruits and vegetables, we end up getting used to grains (pasta, bread, rice and beans, etc.), and all kinds of processed foods (fried foods, refined sugar and polyunsaturated oils).
The Paleolithic diet proposes a return to origins. It draws on the principles of evolutionary biology.
CAN EAT in Paleo Diet
- Meat (preferably grazing animals not fed with feed / grain)
- Fishes and sea food
- Fresh fruit
- Fresh vegetables
- Nuts and seeds
- Tubers (such as sweet potatoes and yams)
- Healthy oils (olive oil, coconut oil, macadamia oil)
- Broth of bones
CAN NOT EAT In Paleo Diet
- Grains and cereals
- Legumes (like beans)
- Milk and dairy products
- Refined sugar
- Industrialized foods (avoid packets with bar codes)
- Refined vegetable oils (soybean oil, corn, sunflower, canola, margarine)
- Sweets, fried foods, junk food
You may be interested in(ad)